Sunday, July 28, 2013

Arrivederci Roma! Bienvenue Paris!

After an incredible two weeks in an incredible city with incredible people, it's time to say ciao to Rome....

Arrivederci!
 Et bonjour à Paris! 

After a quick flight, and a short layover in Munich (where I still didn't get my bratwurst and had to settle for a German pretzel instead), I made it to Charles de Gaulle Airport where my aunt was waiting, sign and all. 

Free coffee and a pretzel in Germany
How perfect is that

 For my first night in Paris, my cousin and I went out for a nuit blanche. Well, kind of.

After meeting up with her friends, we ran around the streets of Paris looking for a good club, all the while fending off the weirdos trying to hit on us.



Around 1am, they gave up. Apparently all the young people are on vacation and left Paris. Why do I find this ironic?

We ended up walking down Champs-Élysées and seeing the Arc de Triomphe. 


Then we had ice cream and McDonalds.

yeah....

We ended up cutting the night short and headed home around 2am.

It was definitely an interesting side of Paris. Probably not the greatest first impression, but certainly a memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment