Sunday, July 28, 2013

Autres Temps, Autres Mœurs

So my full first day in Paris, and my cousin and I ran off to the Louvre. 

It looked different in the Da Vinci Code...

 There was so much to see!
 

Oh dear Lord! Don't blink!
Saint Mary Magdalene
G. Erhart



Ross! His smile reminded me of you
Venus de Milo
Just like in the movies!
Abby! This is Saint Abbé!







Psyche and Cupid
A. Canova


The best part was finding all the Roman sculptures and thinking "wow! I've actually BEEN there!"

And yes. I saw the famous painting.

Must say it was a tad underwhelming

After a small lunch at a café, we walked over l'Opéra National de Paris.

A temple to the arts

It was incredibly ornate inside.



With shrines to different composers spread throughout the building.

Bach!


Saint-Saens!
Handel!
























And a beautiful library full of old scores! I nearly cried.





The best part was when we walked outside and found a piano.

I have now performed for people in Paris, France! *Happy victory dance*


 My cousin and I then took the subway to see the most famous piece of architecture in all of France.

This is definitely as exciting as everyone makes it out to be
Where then we walked over the River Seine and ate crepes au Nutella Chantilly sold from a street vendor



 And THAT is how you have a good time in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment